Second Green Deal Data Space Webinar
Data helps us understand the distribution and abundance of species, which is critical for effective conservation efforts. Without accurate data, it is difficult to know which species are at risk of extinction and where they are found.
According to the latest findings of the European Environment Agency, Europe’s biodiversity continues to decline at an alarming rate, with most protected species and habitats found not to have good conservation status. Much more effort is needed to reverse current trends and to ensure resilient and healthy nature.
The GREAT | Green Deal Data Space project organises its second online webinar with a specific focus on biodiversity. Biodiversity is one of the key areas that the GDDS framework encompasses, and through selected use cases we would like to showcase how data can help the EU’s long-term plan to protect nature and reverse the degradation of ecosystems.
Date: Wednesday, 10 May 2023
Time: 10:30-12:30 CEST
- 10:30-10:40: Opening and housekeeping rules
- 10:40-11:00: European Commission Sotirios Kanellopoulos, Policy Officer, DG ENV ENV01_Digital_Presentation
- 11:00-11:15: BioGIS presentation by Valerio Caroselli, CEO, IPSAT BioGIS360_Presentation
- 11:15- 11:30: EMODnet presentation by Kate Larkin, Head of EMODNet Secretariat.EMODnet_presentation
- 11:30-12:10: Moderated Panel discussion with the participants with Dainius Masiliūnas
- 12:10-12:30: Q&A